Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Word for the Day for Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Word for Today is actually two of them: Patience and Tolerance.

Once again, this is not my first time down this path. Last time, I began the definitions. Let's continue this time.

I began with Patience, based on its absence. Today, I wish to state how fantastic my life has been, due to the fact that I developed Patience early in my life and kept it. Since I can be "naturally speedy", patience is a great way to compensate, deliberately slowing down for the other person I am with.

Last time, I mentioned how Tolerance is often mistaken for Acceptance. But it is a step in the direction of Acceptance. If you can honestly tolerate people who are completely different than you are, that lowers the friction that otherwise occurs.

To be continued in seven weeks.

No comments: