Friday, November 21, 2008

Word for the Day for Friday, November 21, 2008

The Word for Today is Courage.

Actually, I think I did a pretty good job last time, hitting the movies. But I always strive to improve.

I like what Yahoo Answers said, regarding standing up for yourself. When you do, you will even find, sometimes, that the "boogyman adversary" had nothing more than smoke and bluster and wouldn't have been able to hurt you anyway. For instance, a person who I believe wanted to mug me socked me hard in my right upper arm. I stood there calmly, telling him that his behavior is unacceptable. It turned out that one of the witnesses was an undercover cop, which made the experience "delicious". The cop asked me if I wanted to press charges. I declined, but asked if the police officer could help prevent the person from repeating his behavior. He said, "My pleasure. Come this way, please [to the perp]". I found out, later, that he was on drugs and had warrants out for his arrest. But my calm demeaner kept the incident from escalating.

No comments: