Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Word for the Day: Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Word for Today is Absorption.

Whatever you think about the meaning of this day, please don't do what I did: Absorb a Migraine headache at 4:20 am this morning, on a 1-10 pain scale of 9. Yup! Couldn't think clearly, called 911, Ambulance, and the Harborview Medical Center Emergency Room. They gave me something injected, that allowed me to float away, and for the pain level to decrease to 4 (and later 3).

The folks at Harborview questioned me about driving "in my condition". They were elated that I do not own a car, and was planning to take Metro Transit home, when they finally let me out at about 11:15 am.

I have no idea of what they gave me. What causes a floating sensation? Demerol?
Whatever it is, I'm sure they won't be making a practice of giving me something so "floaty". Just say no to dependence on drugs!

No comments: