Monday, September 15, 2008

Word for the Day for Monday, September 15, 2008

The Word for Today is Comfort.

Do you feel comfortable? What does that mean? Temperature? Humidity? But then, what does it mean to say, "I'm comfortable around this person on the right, but that one over there gives me the jitters"? So comfort exists on many different levels. In fact, one weekend seminar I went to (forgot who put it on) was primarily about our "comfort zone", how we define it, and how beneficial it often is to venture outside of it.

Bringing this back to the Michael teachings, I wonder how comfort and growth correlate with each other? Do you have to leave comfort to grow? Sometimes? Often?

Personally, I like to keep a comfortable "base of operations", which is my Apartment at this moment. And then use that as a basis to branch out to less comfortable adventures.

No comments: