Friday, September 5, 2008

Word for the Day for Friday, September 5, 2008

Today, there are Two Words: Trust and Faith.

The main message I wish to convey about Trust is that it must be earned! People in positions of authority have been known to "demand" trust. This frequently happens with authoritarian governments. What they frequently get is definitely not true trust! (Instead, it is often a wary and careful obedience, coupled with an often healthy paranoia).

Earning trust is often a slow and tedious process, especially if you had a history in the past of violating trust. (And, when a certain level of trust had been earned, even a single episode of violating it will throw it right back out the window.

Now to Faith. In a personal growth group, it was put out as an Acronym: "Father And I Together Here". Try it on for size. (Though it hasn't completely fit for me, I haven't thrown it out yet either).

The one thing to be careful of is blind faith, which is often quite naive. I believe that true faith is answered by communication.

(Yes, in this one, I'm not even trying to give a "final" answer, but opening it up for discussion).

No comments: