Sunday, August 13, 2017

Weekly Theme: Week of August 13-19, 2017

The Theme for this Week is Retention.  So what does this mean?  The first thing Google says is, "the continued possession, use, or control of something".  (Hmmm...   Does this include the medical condition called, "Water Retention"?)  But there are other connotations, too.  Like, for example, how well do we Retain what we Learn?  One example is two ways to teach Chemistry:  The best way, in my opinion, is where you do the experiments yourself.  That way, you can see what works, what doesn't, and (possibly) how bad your fingers feel, if you get the wrong chemical on them!  So, also in my opinion, the newer (and more "cost effective") way of teaching Chemistry has, either Class videos and/or demonstrations by the professors, instead of student experiments.  Also, to better retain what I read, I've found it best, if I have privacy, because reading the book aloud is Quite effective.  Good luck!

No comments: