Sunday, August 27, 2017

Weekly Theme: Week of 8/27 - 9/02/2017

The Theme for this Week is Philosophy.  So what does Google say about this?  The first part (before bringing academics into it) is, "the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence".  One question I've heard before:  "Does everybody have a 'personal Philosophy'?  Should they?"  My personal take:  Yes and Yes!  Now:  Some have tried to give me exceptions, such as repeat criminals, who are in and out of County Jails in multiple places.  I had a chance to discuss Philosophy with one example.  What I got from his was in two parts:  1:  "Life's a Bitch and Then you Die", and 2. "Get what you can, When you can".  Okay.  I most certainly don't "agree" with either of those, but can understand how he got them, especially when told that his Father sold illegal drugs for a living, and ended up with 20 Years in Prison!

So what's Your Philosophy of Life?  It might be worth taking the time and effort to find out!

No comments: