Monday, December 22, 2008

Word for the Day for Monday, December 22, 2008

The Word for Today is Comfort.

First time through, I discussed my own views on the word, including the importance to me of having a "base of operations". Then, seven weeks later, I discuss my own lack of a "base of operations"!

This time, let's look at the web: "a state of being relaxed and feeling no pain". Hmmm... I've been relaxed, had pain, yet, because I was not paying attention to the pain, considered myself to be in comfort. "a feeling of freedom from worry or disappointment". My take on this one is that, since worry doesn't help me at all, and since I avoid disappointment by being calm, relaxed and neutral, then this version of Comfort is achievable at all times.

What's your take on comfort?

No comments: