Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Word for the Day: Wednesday, July 12, 2017

The Word for Today (Wednesday) is Equality. Is it Useful to be Equal? Some might say, "No. I want to be Superior!" But then we get into, in my opinion, the concept of Value Judgement. One person might say, "I am superior to you". But what are they actually saying? Pretty much nothing, because "superiority" and "inferiority" only can work, with Objective Measurements. For example, there are *many* people, who could run a 100 Yard Dash faster than me. But, on the other hand, I understand Computer Operating Systems better than a great majority of people (mainly, because "Operating System Design" is not a popular course in College). Now, my skill helps me to understand how the Human Brain corresponds to a Computer. But the people who beat me in the foot race might be more likely to escape a Wild Animal Attack. The best form of Equality, in my opinion, is Equal Opportunity.

No comments: