Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Word for the Day: Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The Word for Today (Wednesday) is Impartiality. Imagine how much, people seek out Complete, Total Impartiality, in their news. Guess what we do NOT have? (You guessed it: Impartial news!) So, is it wrong for us to seek this out? I seek it, in myself, first. In other words, a true, "zero-based" neutrality. It's something that I have trouble describing to others, because everybody has their own "rose colored glasses" to look out of. (For example, if you're in the political "right", you see where you are, on the "Right, Center, Left" axis, and a certain amount past it. But anything, too far away from you, is likely to be hard to perceive. The place I remember seeing it, which got me to study the topic of Perspective in general, was the phenomenon of Ralph Nader, in the 2000 Presidential Election. He stated that it made "no difference, whether we voted Bush or Gore". We got Bush. Huge difference, from my "view" of how a Gore Presidency would have looked).

No comments: